Saturday April 24th, 10am-1pm-Third Reformed Church parking lot off West 13th between Pine and Maple
We are excited to host a neighborhood clean-up, where neighbors can clean out their yards and homes. Third Reformed Church has offered the use of their parking lot off W. 13th street between Pine and Maple, for the event. We will have two dumpsters available and a trailer provided by the Holland Rescue Mission Gateway center. The trailer allows items to be donated that are still usable. The Gateway center directly supports and provides for our homeless community. There is a list of items that cannot be accepted below, or if you have questions please email Lisa. We will also have the use of a truck to pick up items should neighbors need help getting something to the dumpsters. Please email Lisa if you will need help with pick up before Thursday April 22nd.
Volunteers will be needed to direct traffic at the lot, so reach out if you can help.
Items Gateway Center trailer cannot accept:
Tube TV’s or other non-flat screen TV’s
Sinks, toilets, tubs, kitchen cabinets, paint, doors/windows, door/window
screens, flooring, tile, lumber, fencing, bricks, other home improvement
Electronics for recycle
Strollers, high chairs, cribs, bassinets, baby swings, bouncers, etc.
Large Metal Office Furniture
Used Socks & Underwear
Foam mattress pads
**Additionally, Macatawa Disposal cannot accept in the dumpsters:
- No Liquids/Paint/Antifreeze/Oils
- No Appliances that use Freon or refrigeration (freezers, air conditioning units, refrigerators etc.)
- Tires MUST be cut into 2 pieces first
- No Concrete-(because of safe weight limits)
- Nothing can extend over the top of the dumpster. ALL items must be contained so that the dumpster can be safely transported.
- ALL items must be broken down as much as safely possible to allow for maximized use
This is a rain or shine event. We will only cancel if there are severe thunderstorms. Watch our FB page and Nextdoor for details.
Let’s get some Spring cleaning done, together!